One more non-essential amino acid manufactured by the body, it has no daily requirements. Glutathione is a tripeptide consisting of the amino acids cysteine, glycine and glutamic acid, which together with selenium form the important enzyme, glutathione peroxidase.
- Agent against arteriosclerosis, blood and liver disorders, heart disease and old age
- Anti-cancer agent capable of deactivating some 30 cancer-causing substances
- Antioxidant inhibiting free radical damage
- Helps transport amino acids through cell membranes
- Prevents lipid peroxidation, especially of LDL
- Reduces damage by environmental pollutants such as heavy metals, by detoxifying them in the body
- Test-tube experiments showed that it can almost completely stop the replication of the AIDS virus
Interactions and safety
No interactions or safety precautions have been reported.