|Misinformation and suffering
Allergies have seen a spectacular rise during the last 25 years. This is especially true of food allergies. If you add to these the various food intolerances or food sensitivities, you are bound to cover a large part of suffering humanity. Allergies cause a lot of discomfort, but they are not usually considered dangerous to the point of threatening your life. Yet anaphylactic shock, or a walloping allergic reaction, can kill you within minutes - faster than most other diseases.
Health professionals usually try to discover the cause of your allergy. When they don't find it, they attribute your complaints to anxiety or stress, and prescribe a drug to alleviate the symptoms. But this does nothing about your allergy, which may have many causes and may reappear under another guise later. Definitions of allergies almost invariably involve allergens and antigens, and the expression "allergic to" implies the named allergen is the cause. Yet this may be only the spark. Briefly, there is a lot of misinformation about allergies, which does not help the sufferer.
Sapping your strength
Allergies are the results of many factors: external provocation, hereditary background, individual biochemistry, the state of the immune system, toxic overload, stress, and so on. What you have probably inherited is a predisposition, or if you like a tendency to develop allergies. Not a specific allergy, but one that results from the interaction of the various factors. What you eat, the way you live, the work you do, may have encouraged allergies to come to the fore. In the long run, allergies may sap your strength and weaken your immune system, till you become prone to other diseases.
A sound approach depends on the allergic problem. It may range from a rotation diet for understanding your condition, to re-establishing your hormonal balance, to strengthening your immune system, etc, or all of these, if found necessary. We cannot tell you exactly what we do, because allergies are multicausal, multifactorial diseases that do not allow generalizing. But as in all our programs, it will be an individualized plan taking into consideration what you can tell us and what we find out.
Briefly, our program provides,
- Comprehensive measures.Search and identification of the causes of your allergic reactions, and distinction from possible intolerances.
- Diet. A comprehensive dietary plan, that eliminates the principal causes of food allergies, allows you to strengthen your immune system, and at the same time tests your tolerance for various food groups.
- Nutritional supplements. What vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes, amino acids, etc, you need to balance allergy induced deficiencies, the dosages and time to take them, so as to avoid nutrient interactions.
- Botanical support. Which standardized herbal preparations may be of assistance in your case, their dosages, contraindications, etc.
- Lifestyle changes. Persistent allergies can badly sap your strength, and therapy may entail minor or even major lifestyle changes, in order to get rid of the allergy.
- Physical therapies. Other forms of treatment that may be of help such as acupuncture, homeopathy, etc.