Sexually Transmitted Diseases
|Not what they were
Aside from the well-known diseases such as AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhea and canchroid, there are several other sexually transmitted diseases, like candidiasis, chlamydia, genital herpes and warts, trichomoniasis and others. It is now understood that some intestinal infections may be also sexually transmitted. Bacteria like campylobacter, salmonella and shigella, viruses like that of hepatitis A, and various amoebic parasites may be sexually disseminated. Sexually transmitted diseases today are not what they were 50 years ago, even if we disregard AIDS, the deadliest of them all.
The immune function
The principal function of nutrition in sexually transmitted diseases is to stimulate and strengthen the immune system. Nutrition equally provides many anti-inflammatory compounds, it helps to heal scarred tissue, better oxygenate the cells, and generally give cellular protection. But the single most important factor is the immune system. And there is simply no better and safer way to strengthen the immune system than correct nutrition. It is the combination of poor nutrition and misuse of antibiotics that has rendered some sexually transmitted diseases progressively more difficult to cure.
Our individualized program aims to help reduce inflammation, heal the possible scars, help better oxygenate the cells, provide cellular protection and improve the functioning of the immune system.
In more detail, our program offers,
- Comprehensive measures.Identification of the best natural means to deal with your problem, and the set up of treatment goals.
- Diet. What are the best foods for your condition, how to eat them, what to cut down or eliminate at least for a while, to get the best out of your nutrition.
- Nutritional supplements. Which vitamins, minerals, trace elements, amino acids, etc, you may need, the dosages and times to take them, so as to avoid annoying and even harmful nutrient interruptions.
- Botanical support. The standardized herbal preparations that may be of help, their dosages, contraindications, etc.
- Lifestyle changes. Some readjustments in lifestyle may be advisable.
- Physical therapies. Other forms of treatment that may be of assistance, including homeopathy and others.